Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 11:09 AM   #57
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_n_EZ View Post
I have ordered a Magnitude XG32, delivery in September. Needless to say, I'm interested in the outcome of your cabover separation issue. Do you think my shorter wheelbase will help? Have they responded to the thought of jack placement? These won't help with a damage during travel issue, has Thor commented on that?
I ran across a list of changes you made and have interest in battery and solar panel addition. BTW, please tell me were the batteries and water pump are located. Thanks!
The shorter wheel base of the XG32 would help with flexing IMHO and you don't have a full wall slide so I think that is also a bonus. I think you should be ok.

The XG32 didn't fit our needs because we want a king bed and the DW wants an outdoor kitchen.

I have been looking at other Super C's while camping this weekend and I don't think Jack Placement is a concern. When I take it to Wakarusa I will talk to the repair guys who really know the coaches to get their thoughts.

In my SV34, the batteries are located under the entry steps. It comes with two 6V and there is room for two more. I am very happy with my setup and the way I rewired the battery compartment and added a battery disconnect.

You may have a challenge with your water pump. In the SV34 we have the King Tilt-A-View Bed (which we love). The water tank, pump, winterization port, water tank drain valve and electronics are all under the bed.

I can take the bed platform off by removing a few screws to access everything. From other posts, I hear that is not the case with the XG32 and someone else was having an issue trying to access the water pump.

I added a fresh water tank drain valve under the coach so I didn't have to take the bed apart after every trip to drain it. Another guy added an electronic waster valve and he just flips the switch. This winter I may add the electronic water valve under my coach where I installed the manual valve.

I may also try to relocate the winterization port but that will be some work. I may also opt to leave it as is since I only need to access it once a year.

While I am having trouble convincing the DW to consider a move up to a Renegade or Duramax Super C, I also still really like a lot of things about this coach.

I sent a note to Thor on Thursday to get an update on scheduling the visit to Wakarusa but no response yet (or to my propane regulator issue).

I am going to write a very politically correct letter to Thor outlining all of my issues. I am also going to cite COVID causing my dealer to close so I could not get service for a couple months. Remind them I have purchased two new coaches in the past three years and then politely ask for a 12-month warranty extension as a result of the structural and other issues..... and then see what they would be willing to do.

I found an RV speciality shop about 2 hours north of us at our summer home in PA that I have heard good things about. They do complete restorations, upgrades, body work, fabrication, etc. If I had to have them fix it right if I run into issues after the warranty is up and it cost $10K - $20K, I would still be ahead versus spending $75 or more on a Renegade or Duramax Super C.

So at the moment...... I'm in it for the long haul..... unless I turn the propane on while the regulator is leaking, we build a camp fire tonight and then take the dog for a walk until we hear a BOOM..... and I call the insurance company on Monday. Only problem is our TOAD this weekend is the Spyder so getting me, the DW and the dog home would be a problem!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum