Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #21
tomsvegas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7660
Poli Glow

Have had my Vegas six years now. It is stored where the passenger side has harsh sun exposure, uncovered, all year long. We are in N. California where the winter is mild, but summer is intense sun. The area on the sun side was unevenly dulled, with gelcoat totally gone, and some serious oxidation on the darker trim decals. I bought the Poli Glow kit for $80 on Amazon. The Prep liquid and scrubbing pad seemed to remove most of the oxidation. Any severe areas were touched up with fine Scotch Brite, came off nicely with gentle rubbing. The areas that were partially shaded over the years and still had some gelcoat were dulled slightly with the Prep liquid. The last two days, I applied the Poli Glow, using their nice mitt with the kit, according to the instructions, and today am very pleased with the appearance. Nearly total restoration. One thing they don't mention, you do need to copiously mask off the windows, hardware, etc, before applying the Poli Glow coats because it is a bear to remove from those surfaces once it is cured (after 4-6 initial coats.) Yes, that many coat are really needed to get a nice, smooth, uniform finish. I am planning to simply thoroughly clean, rinse, and re-apply 2 or so coats every year forward.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum