Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #13
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I'm not a generator expert so I'll ask a couple of questions.

First, does the generator require 12VDC to keep running or does it supply its own voltage to keep the ignition system operating? Since the generator is designed to output 120VAC my guess is the generator requires 12VDC from the house batteries for its ignition system

Generator won't start

Generator will start 20 - 30 seconds after the engine is started. Here the isolator closes allowing the house batteries to charge off the engine alternator. Batteries now have power to start the generator or the alternator is supplying enough power to start the generator.

Radio will not turn on - the radio receives its power from the house batteries. The radio will turn on 20 to 30 seconds after the engine is started. Again this allows the isolator to close and the house batteries to charge or the radio to receive power from the engine alternator.

Generator and radio quit running after the engine is shut off. The isolator opens and the house batteries are no longer being charged and do not have enough residual power to handle starting the generator or radio.

Going out on a limb I'm going to say that I believe the house battery(ies) are so dead they cannot hold a charge for more than a minute or two. From the info provided with the radio and generator the only thing in common are the batteries.

Does the name Harris come to mind?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.