Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 07:20 PM   #1
plummah

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maine
THOR #19901
2019 Thor Siesta

Hello all,

Love the forum here found it the other day when I was researching Thor. I have a couple questions for everyone here.

We have found a 2019 Siesta at our local dealer. It is a new leftover. The condition is is anything but new. I do not know if this indicative of Thors build quality or just how the dealer takes care of things. I have attached some photos for you guys to look at. I feel the price is decent now, but I wonder if some of these issues are a bigger indication of what type of coach this is and I should just walk away.

1. Multiple doors outside not shutting. Large gaps between the hinges. Back door doesn't even shut. Side coach door has large gaps.

2. Bubbles on the floor by the bathroom and the twin beds in the rear. When I press down on it feels like something has settled or is popping through the floor.

3. Bathroom is a disaster. Curtain missing. A metal piece on the floor. Shower stall is pulling away from the wall and bubbling. Shower curtain setup ripped out of the wall, vent gasket is completely gone and appears to be leaking water. Bathroom doors are damaged where they were shut on eachother.

4. Chassis has 3400 miles which seems high. However the fridge and microwave all look new with the parts inside. each other. Driver and passenger doors have huge gouges in them.

5. Gaskets are all worn outside from sitting on the lot, front cap is faded and paint is worn, graphics are peeling off.

I could go on but my concern is I should just walk away and not even consider but the price is reasonable but these items are really concerning for something that is sitting on the lot. Has anyone encountered this before? The floor bubbling really bothers me.

Appreciate any and all advice .

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_134744.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	25362   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_133752.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	25363  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_133743.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	25364   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_133702.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	25365  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.