Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #1
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Central Vac for Magnitude SV34

I can't take credit for this idea but I thought I would put this out there as one of the other upgrades I have done. I saw someone else posted that they added a central vac to their coach so I decided to do it for my Magnitude SV34.

There is a fair amount of wasted space under the two dinette seats. Half of the space is taken up by a drawer under each seat and the other half is pretty much unused space.

I ordered the Dirt Devil CV1500 RV Central Vacuum System from this place.... I actually got the kit that includes the "Rug Rat" tool as well for $35 more.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Dirt-...tem-p/9880.htm

I was originally going to install the power unit under the seat against the bathroom wall because it already had an electrical outlet in the base of the seat. I was going to pull out the outlet and use the hole for the vac hose connection module. Then I would put the outlet in an electrical box and leave it under the seat and just plug in the power unit to it. But then I decided I didn't want to lose access to that outlet there in case I was sitting at the dinette and needed power for my laptop, etc.

It turns out that the Inverter is mounted directly below the other dinette seat so I order the optional GFCI Outlet for my Xantrex Freedom X 2000 Inverter. The installation of the GFCI outlet was as easy as it could get and simply plug-n-play. There were some already wires leading into the storage compartment under the seat where the Inverter is located so I poked a hole through the foam insulation and plugged the power unit into the Inverter. I did have to cut a hole in the base of this seat to add the hose connection module. That wasn't difficult... just time consuming so I did not tear up the vinyl on the base of the seat.

I have to say this baby really sucks...... literally!

This unit has a ton of power and the hose extends to 30 feet so it can reach every part of the coach.... from the cab to the back wall in the bedroom. The attachment options are great so you can vacuum hard flooring, carpets, upholstery, do dusting with it, etc. All you do is flip open the door on the rectangular hose connection module and the vacuum starts automatically and then plug in the hose.

I have about $300 into this project so it wasn't cheap but it turned out to be a nice little upgrade.... and clean installation (pun intended)! It is going to make it much easier to clean the coach after..... and during trips as well.... especially when we take trips out west that last 4 - 8 weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7145.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	25383   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7147.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	25387  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7146.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	25388   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7149.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	25391  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.