Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 10:56 PM   #9
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
I got an email response from AirExcel (Coleman/Suburban) Support, complete with a hand-drawn wiring diagram and three part numbers:
Ceiling Assy.............$93.89
Control Box.............$74.56
Digital Thermostat...$76.83
The first two parts were a little difficult to locate but I found them in Texas with $8.99 ground shipping.

The plan is to replace the white cover on the ceiling unit with the new cover that is missing the two knobs. The control box mounts inside the AC unit and takes over those functions.

Then, the most difficult part of the job: running a thermostat cable from the control box to the location of my existing furnace thermostat at the foot of the "corner Queen".

Yes, the same thermostat (click here) can be used to control both heat and cool, effectively preventing both being turned on at the same time. A nice feature of this unit is the fan high/low switch.

But, I'm not convinced that this is the thermostat I want. I don't need it to be programmable, but I would like it to have WiFi so I can control it remotely. The Coleman guy said I could use almost any thermostat as long as it was 12 volt. I'm not sure what he meant by that. What do most household thermostats run on? 24 volts?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum