Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
CAW2018SiestaSS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19397
Replacing the Stock Radio

Hi all. Anybody out there ever swapped out the dash radio that came with their rig?

Bought a 2018 Thor Siesta Sprinter a couple of months ago, and we are getting ready for our first major trip. The radio/speakers in this thing are a joke, and I want to replace it. And that's where the odyssey begins. We have an Axxera Double Din unit, with a backup camera and side cameras. It does support Bluetooth and hands free calling. But I'd like satellite radio, and Apple Car Play sure would be nice. As would navigation.

I went to Camping World. They were no help. I went to the local authorized Thor dealer - GeneralRV. He said the radio comes with the Mercedes chassis and he won't touch anything on the chassis. (How the heck can they be the authorized repair shop.)

I called a shop that does repair work and radio installs and such for the local Mercedes dealer. He said no problem, he'd research it and get back to me. Never heard from him again.

I've found two radios that meet the need - both Kenwoods. But I need somebody to put this in because some adapter harness will also be needed.

Any suggestions from someone with real world experience would be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum