Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:07 PM   #19
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So you started with a wired solution, balked at replacing the TV, and insist on having multiple bluetooth connections to the head unit (a rare capability)?.
That's right. I am still implementing the "wired solution". But, I'm simultaneously exploring whether this Axxera should be trashed while the dashboard is torn down. I am also running a new 93 ohm antenna cable to the radio from the King pre-amp. One tear-down - three upgrades.

If you've been following along.... you will remember that there is nothing wrong with my 40" Seiko TV.
Replacing it wouldn't solve anything because any replacement TV would suffer the same deficiency.

I may not have mentioned that I have a Windows-10 laptop semi-permanently installed in the overhead compartment behind the passenger seat, next to the Blu-Ray player. The laptop is connected to the TV by HDMI and controlled by a BlueTooth mouse and keyboard. This will provide many new capabilities that I haven't full explored yet. But, the most glaring benefit is the ability to feed laptop audio through the coach's 5-channel sound system by way of the TV. Of course, all that needs to work whether or not the coach is in motion.

Are you going to tell me that's a bad idea, too?
Or, perhaps it just isn't the way you would do it?
Regardless of what you would do in your MH, this is what I am going to do in my MH.

Most likely, my next head unit will not have a DVD or CD player. I'm sure you can appreciate the benefit of wired audio in that situation.

Multiple BT connections to the radio would be useful if only to have two phones connected at the same time. You never know which one is going to ring next. But, if I find a radio that has all the other features I want, I can live without that one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum