Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #4879
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrays View Post
I don't know if this has been talked about here.... I was going to order a set of Sumo's for my 2014 32A. Was told by a tech guy at Sumo that the rears are a problem because of a frame brace Thor welds to the frame at the location of the top bracket. Anybody else have info on this?
I thought about just doing the fronts but was concerned about the geometry of not having them on the rear as well.
Attachment 25414
Thor MC does not weld on the Ford chassis. Ford requires anyone that modifies the F-53 stripped chassis submit complete specifications for the mod along with the machine and specifications used in the welding. Every welder has to be certified by Ford. Only MorRyde has that type of certification in the Elkhart area. <https://www.morryde.com/chassis/>
On my coach there was no problem in installing the rear Sumo springs but it is an 18,000 lb, 190 inch, F-53 chassis and not all chassis are the same.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum