Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 03:23 AM   #8
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
I think what you're looking for is this. No idea where it may be in your rig.

Not in a Palazzo. The Palazzo has the cheep switch box. For the antenna it sends the 12DC to the Winguard amplifier mounted some place??? It is that some place that he is looking for. Behind a cabinet wall is my guess. I hate that switch box. I put a DC block on the output, ran a separate switched power source through a DC pass splitter. This allowed me to add a over the air signal meter for finding the strongest signal quickly. I have done other mods with this TURD switch box and the entire setup. That cabinet was hot. Now 100% off until I turn what I want on. Run the generator or plugged in nothing is on.

By the way, I now receive many more channels at my testing sight, home, than I could in the stock setup. That box has a lot signal loss. It is suppose to be 75 ohm impedance, it is not. Putting the DC block on the box shortened the length of the impedance mismatch allowing more signal to get through the system.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.