Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #1
Ajq

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #19985
Delano 24TT Window leak

Here is the dilemma. Our Delano’s panoramic window over the upper bunk sprung a leak soaking the bed cushions. What we didn’t know until coming home is that allot of water collected in the ceiling above the drivers compartment and rained down onto the dash and us as we were driving home. Half way home gps and radio go haywire then cruise control quits working. The next morning, it won’t go into drive so, after arguing with dealer, who made us send pictures proving there was no damage from striking a tree, it was towed to the dealership.

This where it gets interesting, the dealer is able to get it into the service bay and claims the window is fixed but think it is better for us to take the coach to Mercedes For electronics as we will get better service.

This is a 45 day old coach, who is responsible for getting coach fixed. I understand that Thor does not warranty the chassis but any damage done to electronics in dash is due to Thor’s window leaking. I’m afraid that if I take it to Mercedes I will be on the hook for any repairs leaving me to fight with Thor for repayment.

Any advice would be helpful.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.