Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:02 AM   #19
Islandsmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Washington
THOR #14595
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I'm not sure why you are plugging/unplugging SP to troubleshoot the inverter.

If inverter input voltage drops from 12.8 VDC to 7 VDC just by connecting the inverter I would go measure the house battery bank voltage at the same time. If the battery bank reads 7 VDC then you have bad batteries. If it reads greater than 12.0 VDC then you have a bad connection to the inverter.
I was plugging in and out of shore power because there seemed to be a difference after each time shore power was attached when on the road. Just to be clear, connecting shore power doesn't change the voltage from the battery bank but it DOES change the voltage that is displayed across the input terminals for the inverter. When the inverter is not connected to the battery cables the voltage there is consistent.

I have pulled the batteries out, tested them and they are fine. I also checked the connections at both ends and they are good. I think there is an error inside the inverter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.