Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 04:55 AM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
My Norcold N8XRT has a very strange problem. It’ll only light when the temp control is set to the coldest position when starting with a warm fridge. After it’s cold it runs fine on gas. Hasn’t been too much of a problem because it seems to be very consistent. If I start it the day before a trip it’ll be like -7 in the freezer and 20 in the main cabinet by morning. Wish I could think of something to testa don’t I’m concerned that one of these days it won’t light at all.

You may have issue with control board?

If you look at post #12, we keep our Norcold on setting #3 of 3 of 5 stars on thermometer. When the freezer is frozen; well basically you have all of the cold you need.

When we get ready to leave, we start the AC's and turn on the both refrigerators to get everything cool down. Takes us about an hour to pack.

When we do leave we turn both AC's off and main fridge goes to gas while outdoor kitchen fridge runs off inverter.

When we stop we start the generator so both AC's can run. I always have ice cold beer when ever we get where we are going or an extended stop.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.