Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
Dblduce49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #19453
Red face Newbie ‘20 Gemini 24SX

Hello everybody! I’m a newbie here on the forum and a newbie MH owner. Bought mine new in TX and drove it home to VA in June, and now have about 100 hours behind the wheel. Mine has the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis, and have been pretty happy so far. The front awning end caps blew off between TX and VA and Thor sent replacements promptly. I installed them myself after watching a YouTube video, and added extra security with zip ties to keep them from flying again. I also installed assist handles to the driver and passenger side doors. I’m 71 with bad knees, and needed a little help climbing into that tall cab. Also had Carr extra steps added to both sides, a different rear stabilizer bar installed to curb sway, and a tire pressure/temperature monitoring system installed. I have a question about the brake lights on the rear. A friend followed me home from the dealer who did some work this week, and he said he thought the lights in the center of the back - the row of 12 small lights just above the license plate - should have lit up red when I applied the brakes, and they didn’t. They do light up white when backing, but are they supposed to light up red when I’m braking? I’m looking forward to RV life. I became a widow in March, and this new toy his helping me deal with my grief, my Covid depression, and my love of traveling. I have equipped my toy to allow me to work on the road (eBay seller) and pursue my passion for gourmet cooking. Love reading the comments in this forum!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.