Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:40 AM   #384
pmorris92223

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13710
I'm jealous, we were late getting ours in the ground so we're not going to get much, but it was fun and we learned, better next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
The black beauty seeds I was sent were not black beauty tomatoes.
They're some hybrid throwback to God knows what (hybrid plant seeds do not produce the parent plant. Oddly, they may go back many generations to some odd cousin plant)

It took 130 days to find out they're not black beauty and then only a week to find out I'll get this one set of tomatoes all at once and it'll do little afterward because on top of being wrong it's a determinate. Determinate gives you one group of ripened tomatoes almost all at once then crap out(basically) and indeterminate give you tomatoes sometimes for years.

They're small, red as a tomato can get, and really fairly to very good taste. I won't get three pounds, then the plant is almost worthless. I could baby another pound over months of time.
Luckily the beefsteak I have, better boy and beefsteak beefsteak original are like damn weeds. Throw a leaf on the ground, get a mater plant. We're about a month away and then staggered through next January.

I'll order more black beauty seeds but I'll get them right from the developer this time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.