Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:49 AM   #31
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyOldPeach View Post
Thanks for the prompt response!

I did follow all of the trouble-shooting guidelines, including verifying the magnetic door sensor, the step bypass switch, and the Ignition bypass. All work fine, and return the proper voltage readings associated with their operation. The problem has to be either the motor or the controller.... if I could only access them.

I have tried accessing that darned cotter pin and clevis from every available angle. Unfortunately the nature of Kwikee's design makes it impossible to get at the thing easily when the step is all the way up, except from through a crack beneath the coach and the top of the step.... which Miramar has seen fit to totally obscure. I can't reach around the motor and linkage from behind, and the design of the assembly makes access from the sides impossible. SO FRUSTRATING!

I did find one poor soul's video on YouTube who seemed to have the same problem, but on a different coach. He had to loosen the entire linkage mount (motor and all) from four support bolts holding the entire assembly to the plate, until sufficient space appeared between the step and the mounting plate to access the cotter pin holding the clevis in place. Once that was removed, the step (now disconnected from the motor and drive) could be lowered manually, and all of the necessary components exposed for replacement. I think that will be my next step.

I appreciate your thoughtful suggestions.
Good luck with it and keep us posted
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum