Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeman View Post
Ok so I am basically cheap and trying not to buy a new large screen GPS or a Ipad. I have this on my phone already. Google maps seems to work great. If Using the HDMI cord and mirroring my iPhone on the radio would be great, but as most know. The radio is not in a good position. Serval of you have added extra monitors for back up camera or side camera. Has anyone added an extra monitor or larger monitor something in the 7” to 9” size for GPS? I have an iPhone, with a lightning connector and HDMI adapter.

Does anyone know if you can just plug in and use something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z67JDFQ...90_dpLink&th=1
If you connect your phone via HDMI and see the GPS on the monitor?

Or has anyone done this with the feed off the stock radio, using the phone to mirror on the radio, but also an external monitor, that I can have closer and bigger screen.
Thanks for your help. I have already done so many modifications. Sorry if I’m not clear.
Thanks Bradley
Yes, you can do that. But how's that phone GPS work with no cell signal?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.