Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #51
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminckv View Post
I'm with DavidJoyce1.... pushing in my full wall slide without a lot of help would be impossible although the concept of using the jacks to tilt the coach would certainly make it easier.

Reading the "what if" comments caused another question to pop into my little mind. What is the easiest way to de-energize the braking by the motors? Can this be done by pulling a fuse, the use/store switch, unplugging at the controller, etc??? Accessing the motors is not difficult, but what's the easiest way to eliminate the braking?

Not to flog a deceased equine but have you actually tried it with the motors disconnected? I’m thinking two people could do it though I’d be interested to hear how it goes if you do try. At the very least you’d be experienced in disconnecting the motors - it was easy on mine but not especially intuitive. And you could learn how many folks it takes to push it in. Even if it takes 3 (or even if it takes 4 or 5) at least you’d know. My guess is that it would not be difficult to round up some strong backs in a campground and, again you’d never be stressed about a potential failure again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum