Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: drinking water
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #40
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwray View Post
That’s actually a very good question. For me, my family has so much cra—-er, I mean stuff that we bring, basement storage is at a premium. I considered just having the equipment in the cabin of the RV and then just bringing it outside when we set up. But I’ve also lost the battle of not having things loose and stacked around inside while driving. Unfortunately, while driving the RV we run the risk of death-by-impaled-bananas, coffee maker, dog food bag, kid’s school bags, etc...

I found that space under the bench by accident one day, and was overjoyed to hear my family decide accessing that storage space was too much of a pain. So, my water treatment equipment was going to go in there anyway, and I thought “why not just make it work while in there anyway? One less thing to set up.”

To be honest, if I had the outside basement room to put the 3-stage equipment in a milk crate—I would. If I did that, then I’d also consider one of those portable mini water softeners and chain it after the milk crate. The wife gets hives/itchy skin on her legs while camping, and we think that having soft water might help with that.
Whatever equipment is outside it sure is best to tuck it under anyplace out of the direct sunlight. Same with extra hose length, tuck it under the RV out of direct sun

I use a 5 filter type system with a 75 gpd RO and simply fill up my tank and then put it in the tote and back in storage. Luckily I have excess storage so that isnt an issue.

Anyone thinking of using RO you will most likely need to get one with a booster pump to get decent rejection and flow

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.