Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 03:44 AM   #20
carlgorski

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley1 View Post
My Class-C came equipped with a Suburban NT-20SE propane-only furnace and a Coleman-Mach 13.5K Mach 3, rooftop AC.

The heat is controlled by a crappy little mechanical Suburban thermostat, mounted on the wall. You can't tell what the temperature is and you can't tell what the temp is set to be. When the RV shakes, the little red needle shakes with it. I haven't pulled the cover off, but I'm guessing it has a little glass tube filled with mercury, the way things were done in the 50's.

The roof AC unit has an internal thermostat, but we aren't allowed to see the temperature on that one either. All they give us is a knob that says Warmer or Cooler. We have to guess what that means.

Why can't I have a nice digital thermostat like the one in my house?
Something that says "Heat to" and "Cool to" in great big numbers.
Maybe it will have WiFi so I can dial in and check the temp when my dogs are "home alone".

Before I go out and start searching the Internet, calling Suburban, and calling Coleman, I thought I'd ask here.

Has anybody successfully changed the thermostat on their Suburban furnace?
Has anybody successfully added an external (wall) thermostat to their Mach 3 Plus rooftop unit?
By any chance, has anybody been able to do both jobs with a single device?
I installed a digital one. all works good

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum