Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Second A/C
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #34
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihealy View Post
In the three years I have owned my ACE 30.2 I have spent enough time correcting questionable factory workmanship to know that anything I do, as a former heavy duty truck and utility equipment mechanic, is an improvement over what the manufacturer presents and markets as a finished product. From missing screws to bird's nests of wire looms to the use of wire nuts on critical electrical connections, I've come to expect the unexpected.

Regarding the installation of the second AC unit, I intend to run a dedicated circuit with 20amp inlet socket, 12/2 Romex and separate breaker. Where 50 amps is available I will adapt that down to accommodate my main 30 amp house circuit and the dedicated second AC circuit will connect directly to the 20 amp pedestal outlet or, in its absence, to the 30 amp outlet through an adapter. Although this does not provide for a single disconnect at the pedestal, I believe it is a reasonably safe way to go.

Thanks to all who responded to my post. Appreciate the lively discussion and sharing of information and opinions.

Happy Travels,

Jerry
This is exactly what I’m getting ready to do!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum