Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 03:24 PM   #23
gr8rcfan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #11509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley1 View Post
That's true. I've seen videos where the installer had to drill a hole in the wall next to thermostat to install a Hi-Lo toggle switch.

The other issue is that a home thermostat typically runs on 24vac while an RV thermostat typically runs on 12vdc.

But, neither of those points is what we are discussing here.
I'm questioning the difference in cost between a garbage mechanical analog mercury switch RV thermostat like this one:
compared to a shiny new digital RV thermostat like this one:
The crap model costs $2 less. Which would you rather have?

So, can anybody explain why my 2017 Freedom Elite came from the factory with an analog thermostat like the one my father used when I was born in 1954?

Or, why do they continue making analog thermostats? Are they better in any way? Except for one guy in this thread, does anybody like them?
I agree. It's a great wonder that the analog thermostats exist in this day and age. As far as the voltage goes, there's no worry if you buy a model that runs on batteries instead of house-supplied current. You can choose from the RTH111B ($23) or the programmable RTH2300B ($30) from Honeywell And, IMO, anyone who likes the old thermostats have never experienced the new ones

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum