Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #26
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Tying the thermostat power to the propane heater is a safety issue to help prevent fire or explosion. This saves the expense of two separate thermostats and the confusion that would cause. Putting both A/C on the same thermostat requires a different (multiplex) controller which is more expensive than the single A/C controller, as it allows different zone temperatures. Thor MC usually just installs separate thermostats for each controlle rand A/C. For this has all changed when Firefly or RapidCamp came along to the lower priced coaches.
Trying to keep this simple. So No Firefly, No RapidCamp, and No Mutiplex Controllers involved in this conversation.

Sounds like Thor & Winnebago usually do the same by installing separate thermostats for each AC units.

So back to my question.

For the Airxcel Themostat #1
It controls the Furnace & my AC#1

It receives 12vDC from some control board. I have just learned that it may be from a control board on my furnace for safety reasons? I guess I would have to see the wiring diagram or confer with Winnebago to be 100% of how they wired?, because when I look at Airxcel documents / diagram, it does not reference or care the source of the 12vDC for thermostat with the furnace.

For the Airxcel Thermostat #2
It only controls AC#2 in the bedroom.
It receives 12vDC from some control board. It would NOT make sense to me that this unit be wired to the furnace 12vDC control board as Safety can't be a factor or in play as it will never try to turn on/or heat (furnace)? It is actually a different model Airxcel Thermostat so it can't send a signal to Furnace anyway.

So I am back to being perplexed if my Furnace & AC#1 Thermostat is supplied 12vDC from Furnace control board or the converter? My money says AC#2 is supplied from Converter control board. If so; I may actually have it both ways?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum