Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 01:17 AM   #7
Rooster210

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Pinnacle 300
State: Arizona
THOR #20005
So not sure why but the light that says its in use mode on the use/store button comes on when you plug into shore power. Great power to everything with it on but no charging the batteries.
Just for giggles I pushed it and the batteries started charging. However my battery gauge shows the charger is putting out about 12.6V and .3 amps. Replaced the batteries thinking maybe the mismatched batteries the previous owner installed could have been the problem. It jumped up to .8 amps to the batteries. When running on the alternator from the engine its charging about 18.8 amps.
Shore power with the charger raised the batteries from 50.8% to about 52% in a matter of about 6 hours. Where as the alternator raised a set of batteries from 48% to 52% in about 20-30 minutes. So to help my wallet and gas mileage out it looks like I'll be going by the camping store tomorrow and picking up a converter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum