Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #25
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsvegas View Post
We are considering selling our 2015 Vegas (in Bay Area, California) and I talked to several dealers about the consignment route. It is by far the safest. The downside is they really try hard to get you to agree on a low ball net on sale, so they can maximize their margin. I know, it is strictly business. Also, a downside is your rig is on their property and maybe mis-handled, poorly secured, etc, and you have no use for it while it is on consignment. I think we will go the "try to sell directly" and hopefully find a buyer with cash.
They will price it at what you want, hold it in the back letting cobwebs, dust, and dirt build up until you lower the price to what the market will bring. That is how we found our used THOR Palazzo 33.2 with less than 20K miles. I know they really made money, because I was able to contact the seller to purchase some items he was selling separately. He asked me what I paid. His expression said enough. I suspect he was well under water.

SeeGrins is where I purchased it at. Price it at market levels and it will sell fast. All inventory now all is flying off the lot. They have not been able to get new RVs fast enough to cover demand. They had six consignments on the lot and a week later only one. They have been honest with me, but they do operate more like a car dealer. Their service department has been first class with the work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum