Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tire inflators
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 10:15 PM   #16
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Actually my issue is more so with the the tire inflator itself. I do have a digital reader in my RV and cars; but not dual chuck as the one you show. I may get it because it would be great to have on RV to easily just check air pressure on the duals. It is in my Amazon Cart waiting until I get over $25 for free shipping

But let's assume, I am 10 psi low on one inside tire. When I connect the my Merlin chuck ( or try to anyway, I believe I may let more air out than I put in) Takes me awhile and I eventually get it; but it makes me a tad nervous to use, because I can spend a while trying to get air back in. It may be user error, or then again some may have encountered and know the trick or product I should use.
After a quick examination of your chuck to be sure the membrane is in good shape and no debris, hold the chuck square with the stem and pull back firmly

Already have the air pressure built up near the cut off psig but not quite to it

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum