Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #18
raffaelli

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
I bit disappointed in some of the construction quality. I didn't expect the rig to be built like a watch but some of the things have me scratching my head.

Last trip we noticed a leak under the sink. The ABS swivel fitting at the top of the trap was cracked and leaking. I order a couple of traps and a couple of fittings, one set for the replacement and another for spares since the swivel is not a common fitting.

Took it apart last night. So the reason why it broke is because the weight of water filled drain line for about 20 inches plus the weight of the vertical pipe to the vent is entirely cantilevered off this fitting. No wonder why is broke.

As I started to replace the parts I realized the horizontal pipe from the trap is actually pressing against the bottom of the sink because there is no extension from the sink drain. This makes it very difficult to get the threaded connections back together and also applies force on the swivel.

We have always seen water in the drain. We thought it was a slow draining sink or maybe partially clogged. We were actually looking at the water in the trap through the drain because there is no extension.

I am going to redo the entire thing and eliminate the swivel and support the cantilever and use parts off the shelf at Lowes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum