Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #6
twovillagers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #17456
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
The individual component controllers are connected in a continuous circuit in the CANBUS network. If any one connection is loose, or a wire is damaged, there will be missing icons. I would suggest locating all of them, probably nine in your case, and disconnecting and reconnecting each one. The one for the slide control is in the cabinet under the driver. The one for the front bed is behind the false cabinet side and near the touch screen (in mine that control was also just hanging so I attached it). Thor should be able to give you the other locations. They are all square, black boxes about 4 inches square and an inch thick. The touch screen sends a signal to the black controller effectively saying "Extend my awning" and the controller starts the motor. Imagine yourself relaying a message through up to nine friends. If any one of them fails to do their job, the message stops!

I think it is highly likely one of those connections is not always making contact and all of the "downstream" controllers in the circuit will be missing from your touch screen. Second guess, and less likely, is a damaged wire. Third, but possible, is a faulty touchscreen panel.
I occasionally had the missing icon issue which, it seems, may be OK. My reset problem has also mysteriously gone away for the last month, but dealer has ordered a new panel given its history of problems. IF I fixed it, I moved so many wires and checked so many connections, I cannot be sure what fixed it, or if it is permanently fixed.

You should also give Lippert another call. I have found them very helpful.

Too much technology!! I would rather have switches!!
After the "mysterious cure", the Lippert touchscreen performed with no reset. My only other observation was that it frequently did not respond well to touch. Lippert was most helpful and authorized a new panel. Just had it installed by dealer and it functions flawlessly. The whole display software has been changed and the appearance on the screen is much more like the phone app.
I am happy and there was great support from Lippert and my dealer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum