Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Sumo Springs
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 08:19 PM   #57
cbach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhisle View Post
Judge- just drove our first rv home - a magnitude bb35 from dealership - 6 hour trip to get home. A few issues -1- the sway was pretty bad so I am ordering the front sumos immediately then looking into rear and also upgraded sway bars if there is such a thing. Anyone have other suggestions to deal with the sway? 2- the ride - we feel every crack in the road. Hancock tires. I’ll check tire pressure. What psi do most run in those tires? Anything out there that is reasonable to give us a smoother ride. 3- we left dealership after they “filled” tanks full twice and assured me they were full even though gauge was just over qtr tank. They Told me to take it to a ford dealership to deal with the defective gauge. After 100 miles the gauge was certainly dropping and seemed to be working. We stopped and fueled up- front tank - put about 3 gallons only in - was full and overflowing. Rear tank - took the remaining $100 worth but VERY SLOWLY. couldn’t go as fast as the first catch on the nozzle- so had to hold it slowly. Kicked off several times but did get it full. Seems to me to be a vent issue maybe. Any suggestions?
Are you really feeling "sway", and not just the nature of the F550? They don't track like a car, and the 19.5 tires do follow every crack in the road...just the nature of the beast. You get use to minor steering corrections all the time, but I've never felt much I would classify as sway. I run cold at 100psi if it's going to be over 80 degrees while traveling, and 105 if it's cooler, so my target hot pressure is at max load rating around 115. It tracks better with higher pressure, but does ride hard. If you only made it 100 miles and the back tank was empty, they did not have it full...likely near empty. As you found out, there is a problem with venting on fuel fills or routing of the fill tubes, as I've had the same issues since new, but it's not a Ford issue, it's an installation or design issue from Thor. Also, look to see if the DEF fill tube is routed above the other wire/tubes on the frame where the input point to tank is, as liquid will not flow uphill...I found that one out on the road and you absolutely do not want to let a Ford go low on DEF. I had to reroute the tube in the middle of Montana last month!
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.