Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullywork View Post
(picture attached)
So here's my question: in the attached picture you can see at (1) the muffler is attached to a support that's secure to the frame (no issues)....but that seems to be the ONLY support for the muffler (which is maybe fine?)...but at (2) I see another 'bracket' which is where I expected to have to secure it to another part of the vehicle frame, but above it is the sewer connection compartment (grey/black water tank outlets), so it wasn't completely obvious how I would secure a mount. After inspecting it further, I wondered if that bracket was just to secure the two pipes together (it's not one long pipe a ~3" pipe connects to a larger ~4" output) I'm sure I could figure out something, but after looking at it, I wondered if maybe it was unnecessary?

Hoping someone with a similar RV could help clarify if there is an issue that I need to address or if this is 'by design' and everything is OK?

Thanks in advance!
The V-10 moves around a lot due to the softness of the motor mounts. Evidently Detroit Chassis thinks the one large muffler hanger aft of the muffler is sufficient. The only problem I have is the whole assembly has a resonance at 50 mph in 6th (1,650 rpm) causing the tail pipe to hit the heat shield. As I am seldom at 50 mph, it is no a problem and if I am gong to travel at that speed, I just engage tow/ haul which drops the coach into 5th gear.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum