Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 01:30 AM   #1
Williamherold05

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Mississippi
THOR #20155
Buying a Rental Four Winds 30D from El Monte

Hello everyone! I am going to pick up my Thor Four Winds 30D on Monday. I wanted to post on here to both document my experience, get insight from previous rental purchasers and help others who might find this thread helpful when they purchase a rental.

I figured I could document as the process goes along with any problems I might run into as well as document anything positive along the way.

About me and my family: I am a retired Army Paratrooper and my wife is a former nurse. I am 47 and she is 40. We have two children who live at home and three others out of the home. We live in Pachuta Mississippi.

About a year and half ago, we decided to downsize our life in Colorado where we both were engaged in successful careers and move to a tax friendly and cheaper cost of living state where we could enjoy a simple life living off of my military retirement without working. We now live in a lake house on Lake Eddins and I enjoy fishing almost everyday.

I would say that I am now living a dream life, but my wife and I both have a sense of adventure and love to travel. We began talking about taking a trip to Alaska and decided a Class C would probably fit our needs best. So the search began for a Class C.

Having owned a fifth wheel and a travel trailer, we (better say I) knew that I hated pulling. It was such a pain, from set up, driving, and maintenance it was more stress than it was worth. Our search led us all over the internet, RVTrader, big RV places, literally hours upon hours of research. For what we wanted we could not find it for a reasonable price. RV trader had a few listings that seemed promising and that led me to call. Fortunately I spoke to a admin person who led me to El Monte RV in McKinney, Texas.

Fortunately they had the Four Winds 30D model that we were looking for and it was just getting ready to hit the sale lot. The rig has 39000 miles on it and I jumped on it. Our salesman got it all prepped and it is ready for pick up. Monday, 24 August, we will pick up our new to us former rental rig.

We are excited and can’t wait to give it the first run. The rig does come with a warranty and has been refurbished.

Any experiences out there that anyone would like to share concerning buying a rental or bits of advice anyone would like to share is certainly welcome.

I will continue to document for other members so hopefully this can be an insightful forum post.

William Herold

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.