Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #38
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGaut View Post
Hello again Bob !

Thanks for the pictures you sent a while back ! My decision has pointes me to a 160w panel and the Drill-less mounts also.

Can you share how you made those mounts stay put ? I was thinking strong double face adhesive and Sikaflex type also to make sure these mounts and panel "stay on" the roof of the rig for long.

Thanks for your Time.

Yves G. [emoji41][emoji604]
Look at the reviews for the drill less mounts on Amazon. Most use them for their intended purpose. That is, as a drill less mount, no screws in roof.

That said, you have 3 options...
1. Sikaflex adhesive only. Lightly rough up the roof surface, rough up the mount surface, add the adhesive
(Screw on the panel to the mounts on a flat surface. When installing, loosen those same screws so that the mount is flat on the roof, then adhere)
2. Sikaflex + 1 screw in the front two mounts or 1 screw in all 4-6 mounts used
3. Sikaflex + Eternabond tape around the outside edges of the front mounts or each of the mounts

Like I said, I used Sikaflex only. And using 8 mounts on two 100 watt panels, I have traveled over 10,000 miles in 18 months. Nothing is different on the roof today since the moment I installed them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.