Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #1869
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bldcop View Post
Can anyone that has the eonon 10.1 android tell me does it work with the existing cameras on a vegas 24.1? If yes, do i need any additional adapters or stuff before i order it?
Thanks
I have that eonon.
The cameras are controlled by a control box outside of the radio and the radio head has absolutely nothing to do with camera function.
The camera controller is in the cubby hole behind your speedometer. If you turn the two quick fasteners 90° the cover pops off of the dash and you can see the camera controller and see there is only a video out cable.

The radio has a video in plug and all it knows is video in.
However:
The axxera delay on turn signals quit and is now instant.
The picture is 4 times as good probably due to pixel screen count.

But
The wiring on my 24.1 was so scrambled I took one look and drove to a professional and had it installed.
It was the best $100 I've ever spent on the 24.1.

There are pictures of it installed. They're on the last few pages of my signature thread and dispersed many many many times throughout other radio threads.

Something to realize about the eonon is mine doesn't have an hdmi slot or an aux input plug. Mine is two years old. That's a lifetime in radio so yours might have them.

Go on youtube to find the codes for the hidden menus for this radio head. Lots of functions aren't on the regular menu.

Eonon isn't the only solution.
I have one in the 24.1 because my offroader has a older and bizarre eonon(single din, a 8 inch screen slides out, rotates 90° and then flips backwards... Very cool) needed a software fix and they were on it as if I were a long lost brother. Emails in excellent english(they're Japanese) youtube vids posted just for me, me posting youtube vids just for them.
They also make excellent car cameras and other goodies.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.