Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #2
OldWEB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Confusing to say the least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
What could cause no shore power from ATS?

I confirmed 120v on both legs at pedestal for 50, and the 30 and 20 amps legs. (yes with a voltmeter)
I confirmed 120v input voltage on both legs at pedestal for 50, and the 30 and 20 amps legs.
You checked it twice... that is good.
However the opposite side of the connector inside the Southwire Surge Guard is dead on all legs. So the SurgeGuard is dead - not repairable.

This is my first true issue with my coach; so I am all excited about who will answer first.

This is 2019 Winnebago 29VE. I have trip plan for in the morning, but right now unless I run my generator I will have zero power.

Here is more context as to what happened and notes that I have on the issue.

1. I had just picked up the coach from Winnebago dealer who installed a new 120v receptacle BEFORE the ATS. That receptacle is hot (120v) when ANY shore power is supplied; so they got that part right. Are you saying an non-fused receptacle was installed?
2. I have called Dealer; so waiting for them to track down technical to call back. The coach is still under Mfg warranty.
3. It has the Southguard Surge Guard You mean ATS? Model 40100 120/240 50 Amps 60 HZ

Odd observation... When I first got it home and connected the shore power; the generator tried to come on? It was humming and vibrating pretty good but the genset was NOT running? I went inside and verified that there was no power and manual stop button did nothing to stop the humming. I had to disconnect shore power and it stopped. I have since made a setting change within the AGS - EC - 30 to verify it could sense shore power; it could , and to also tell it that the sensor is now in front (Before) of ATS. Since then the oddity of genset trying to start or vibration has stopped; but there is no shore power through the ATS to confirm.
I do not know what an AGS - EC - 30 does, so you are on your own with that.

All ideas welcomed.
I am highly suspicious that when you plugged the shore cord in, it energized the generator and actually tried to "motor" it, that is what it sounds like to me by your description.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum