Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 01:59 AM   #8
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Man, what a can of worms. Yes, finally after 8 months, I have a RV problem!!!, crappy Winnebagos Actually akin to most Thor blamed issues I have seen; this has nothing to do with Mfg. This was a dealer installed option, that I just learned was installed incorrectly and when they tried to fix it they may it worse.

How did they wire in a new 120 VAC outlet to the SP side before the ATS without adding a new panel and breakers? I need to confirm they didn't, I don't think they did, but if they did I don't see, so I will learn later. They did install an inline fuse.

Is it before the Surgeguard as well? I am confusing people here, so let me try to clarify.

I have two Southwire Surge Guard Products.

the 50 amp Surge Guard that I plug into the pedestal that will indicate with green/red LED status of connection. It is all green by the way with no issues.

and the Surge Guard ATS Model 40100 120/240 50A that I believe is where the problem is. The 120 volt outlet was tapped into the Surge Guard ATS Model 40100 120/240 50A. It is grounded, connected to neutral bus, and the hot lead to get 120 volts. That receptacle is working fine and the 12vdc transformer is plugged into it. The the EC-20 can now sense shore power. The problem is there is no shore power on the output side of the Surge Guard ATS Model 40100 120/240 50A.

And I agree with Oldweb on both the generator being backfed with 240 VAC

Yes!!! and the fact that there is no such thing as a "12VDC transformer". Do you need pictures Think about why I have it and it will make sense. First it did not come with the coach but it is standard OEM upgrade. When I had the Onan EC-30 installed, the controller has features based on whether or not ther coach has shore power or not. In order for the EC-30 controller to know, you have to plug a 12vdc transformer into a 120 volt source. The black/red leads out the the 12vdc controller connects to pins #13 & #14 on the Onan EC-30. My original problem was that the dealer made two mistakes. First they installed the transformer AFTER the ATS, second they reversed the pins so polarity was wrong. So in was back at dealer to put outlet in front of ATS and correct the polarity. I think they have corrected both but in the proces my ATS is fried or not working.

I don't think you're going anywhere until you get this back to the dealer to straighten out their wiring.
I think you are right I am packing it up; may return tomorrow, but we had plans at the lake, I may still go but that is long time to run genset 100% of the time... for me anyway.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.