Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The side cams are triggered by a control box seperate of the radio head.
There's just one input to the radio head so the radio only sees what the box tells it to.
I've been told older Thor with a Jensen radio isn't like this.
Axerra is.

I couldn't do the split. The signal wasn't strong enough and we got bad vid on the radio and the seperate monitor. There should be a cheap signal booster but I had no reason to run it through the radio... Except I could, so I tried.
To get a full time rear view camera the easiest way is to buy a DASH CAM and mount it in the rear window. We used the dash cam app on an old android $10 phone. You have the advantage of loop recording in case of accident.
But
We abandoned the app because our eonon radio allows a feature which was somehow blocked by the axxera:
Now when the turn signal is on, say we're in a turn lane awaiting a turn, the side camera is on. When we apply brake it flips to rear view as long as our foot is on the brake. This just kinda happened when we switched radios.
So
Going down the road the rear view is always on, and in a turn lane it's on. The only time it's off is during a lane change, and a tap of the brake would swap it during that tap.

On your door I'd put a piece of aluminum strap riveted or screwed to whatever frame I could hit, then rivnut the door mount to that strap.
I'd do this in case anyone fell against the door or grabbed it. The pull would be dispersed across the frame but still have anchors between the frame rails..

People who don't use it sometimes sneer at it, but a slather of jbweld is a fantastic thing.
This would allow any pull to be exactly even across the door mount, them less transferred to the strap then less transferred to the frame.
And
It. Keeps the glue on something substantial instead of the wall paper.
It's still removable by pulling the screws from the frame.
If you have Luan you're lucky. Mine is cardboard.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum