Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #26
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
Be careful about automatically starting a generator in an RV park. Even though the parks power is out, some parks don't allow generators to be run. I have been in several, but in one park with that rule when the power was out for a half hour and it the park was informed by the power company that it could be 4 to 5 hours to restore, they came around and told each site that they could run their generators. If a park doesn't allow generators, you will be kicked out.

That all being said, go ahead and kick me out for keeping my pets and grandma alive! When checking in, get prior permission for the auto gen start when power is lost. If they refuse, don't go back there.
MLP,

In situation you described; my EC-30 will not auto start due to power loss.

My EC-30 Auto Gen has feature called Quiet Time. It is optionally programmed. I set mine at 10:00 PM START TIME and 7:00 AM END time. So when I am in park with quiet hours I put the AGS in Quiet Time mode. It will NOT Auto Start under any condition including loss of power.

Even when boondocking away from a campsite, I prefer Quiet Time because genset will not try to start up in the middle of the night. It waits until 7:00 AM to either recool the coach or recharge the batteries.

But you pose a interesting test case Let's say it is in Quiet Time mode, the batteries stay fully charged overnight, the coach temperature stays above the HVAC request call, and power goes out at 5:00 AM and stays out to say 9:00AM; will the EC-30 tell it to start at 7:00AM because of loss of power?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum