Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
CAW2018SiestaSS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19397
Toad battery dies during the tow

We bought a Kia Soul to tow behind our 2018 Thor Siesta 24SS. The whole tow kit was professionally installed, and our breaking system is the Stay-In-Play duo. Yesterday was our first real adventure with it, and we towed it over 400 miles and it was like it wasn't even back there; we even averaged 14.5 mpg.

When I went to disconnect it at the campground, the battery was DEAD as it could be. Now the manual Kia Soul is called the Basic for a reason: it has almost nothing in it. To tow, you turn the key to accessory, and make sure all the accessories are off. In this case that would be the radio, lights, and a/c and fan. That's all there is.

The installer assured me all power to the Stay-in-Play was coming from the RV. So I am stumped. What the heck drained the battery?

Any thoughts out there?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum