Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Magnatude
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 02:44 AM   #14
RickD0

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19481
I would take it directly to Thor for repair, dealers that actually have repairmen that know what they are doing are far and few between. I refuse to take my XG32 back to a dealer because they usually know less than I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhisle View Post
Purchased the 35bb 4 days ago at a dealership 6 hours north of me. Drove it home and realized they never covered the slide operation during the walk thru. The slide was open when we got there. This is our first RV of any kind. So the next day we go out to try some things out on our new RV- the first being the slide. Long story short - after customer service trouble shooting - 8 blinking lights on the controller means a wiring issue and we need to take back to dealer. Thor rep was nice enough to allow us to take it to a non Thor dealership that was only an hour from home. Replaced the motor on the front slide- however tech informed me this is NOT the long term fix. The motor has ZERO clearance with the slide. The original motor had 2 wires sliced in 2 due to this problem. This happened when the slide was closed. The tech feels like this will be a major repair involving removing the slide to fix it correctly. I am wondering if anyone else has had issues like this? I have emailed detailed pics to the sales manager of the dealership along with thor warranty rep. Also - it seemed evident to the tech the issue has been dealt with prior to me purchasing. It was not the first time it has been taken apart to get to the motor.

Backtrack - we left the walk thru thinking the fuel gauge was broken - we agreed to take it to a Ford dealership when we got back. Gauge showed 1/4 tank - service department assured me tanks were full. After 100 miles gauge was going down. I was able to fill the rear tank full - AFTER 30 minutes of very slowly filling. Gauge showed full when I was finished. The Tech looked at this issue as well and said it was a design flaw in the lines...fun times...but I could live with that.

So we have not yet had the RV for 4 days and it appears it is needing to go back to the factory for a major slide repair. Any suggestions? I may have a brand new 35bb for sale so I can move on to something else quickly...just not sure how big of a pounding I am willing to take. We love everything about the coach - just don't want to deal with this on week #1. I am sure they will get it fixed - but we have a window of travel for the next month that started today.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum