Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 11:06 PM   #146
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Hi I am getting a 2020 thor vegas tankless water heater. So with water heater. Use non toxic Rv solution because water still in lines after blowing?

Scubawise these "tankless" units are a whole new approach to heating water. Open the door and look at all of the really small copper tubing. I feel like just not taking. a chance. If one of those small tubes splits, its your fault for not winterizing it properly, and you are out $1000+ dollars.

I just play it safe. On my unit by blowing out the water first when I pump the pink thru I know Ive covered the job evenly. Even if you don't blow it out first you are only talking about 2 gallons max. Also you are using your pump and that protects it from freezing. Some people forget about the pump when using air only only to find out the pump froze and damaged it.

PS buy your antifreeze off season and you will probably save some $$. At Walmart right now the store brand is only $2.58 gallon. Buy extra. Cheap insurance, not to mention peace of mind when you are watching the 11PM weather report and they say "unexpected freeze tonight. 5 degrees". Do it right and you can go to sleep at peace (ask me how I know)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum