Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: CB?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I have one in every vehicle except the MotorHome.
I have one for the 24.1, just not installed.
So, no speculation, I have four of them installed.
We have them for offroading with a group. I also have a ham(only one) so I can master or tailgun or scout for the group.
Cb's cheap and easy communication between vehicles for pee stops, odd noises, animals seen, alternate trails, wash outs... VERY LOCAL and reasoned reasons.
However:
While on the open road there is a faction of truckers who have linear amps and feel their job is to broadcast music or repeating rhythms across many bands blocking any chance to use the cb. Every day or night, every time I turn it on and receive a signal.
The actual use fullness of the cb is limited, in my 200,000 or so recent miles travelling with one, maybe two times the occasional nice cb guy telling you what the traffic backup is about or what's on fire.

but

during a recent vehicle fire on the damnable 17, we were three cars back in a five hour long line where the alternate road was also blocked by a motorcycle.death.

since we carry many maps and sources and a police scanner app in every vehicle, we got on waze and did blow by blow calls on alternates and tow trucks, and such.
not one damn trucker responded on the cb.
But

I will totally suggest you spend the tiny amount of percent of cost of a cb to a rv.
Install the cb but expect it to be usefull for road knowledge maybe twice in ten years.
but
they are perfect for travelling with friends who stay within a mile or so of you if your phones won't connect.
https://www.cobra.com/products/c75wx..._wcB&network=u
Is the one I have and it's ssssoooo much better than even my 29ltd.

I have just the one head and four, soon to be five, hidden connector points.

Get a cb because it's cheap tripled backup, don't get one because it's regularly usefull.

Ps
Get free audio books to pass the time.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum