Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #61
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I've 'made' coffee, in a standard 120v coffee maker, several times while 'only' on the inverter... but, I had to take some 'precautions' to make it all 'work' without issue - such as turn DOWN the Inverter's LBCO(low battery cutout) protection, down to 10, just to maintain the power with the Inverter shutting off during brewing. I found that the brewer 'heating' comes in 'spurts', or better said, it runs at a high draw for 15-20 seconds, then cuts outs for about another 15-20 seconds, then runs again, etc.
If I watch the VOLTS on the Inverter readout while the brewer is working, I can 'see' when the power is really required, and when it is also dropping back into a more of 'warming' mode.

So, to resolve any issue - I turn down the LBCO setting while brewing off the Inverter, then turn it back to my 'normal' setting afterwards. Now, I don't, though, allow the coffee maker to continue to sit in the 'warming' mode once it's brewing is complete - I shut it off. The coffee is then hot enough for a long long time, even without any warming.

Besides, it doesn't take me that long to drink it anyway - I'm not a 'sipper'!

Thanks. Good info.

I’d suggest in future posts to also share battery and inverter ratings for clarity since all of this is relative to equipment capacity.

In your case I think you have a large battery bank and high-capacity inverter, but I’m not sure since I’m going from memory. Regardless, 200 Ah and 2,000-Watt inverter is quite different than 600 Ah and 4,000-Watt. More information may explain why you needed to lower the cutout voltage.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum