Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 03:25 AM   #9
LDK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznytfury View Post
I have to agree with the others. It really sounds like a broken gear/tooth based on the video/description. The damage to the track is likely the next good tooth catching it and grinding the aluminum track a bit...it is telling that it is every 14 grooves like clockwork. I bet if you look at a video online of those motors and gears, the gears have between 12 and 16 teeth on them.
Reviewing the Lippert Owners Manual, the gear has 16 teeth.

I tend to agree that seems broken one or more teeth are causing the popping sound and damage to the track.

What I am quite curious about is the root cause. Dont want to replace the parts without addressing root cause if possible. Awaiting initial insights from Lippert and Thor. My guess is one or more of: the slide wall is not within Schwintek specifications of distance between the rack and column edge to be between 2 3/8" to 2 5/8"; rollers are not doing their job; loose components; a part failure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum