Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 07:42 PM   #1
Rshepard

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Texas
THOR #20008
Aria/Palazzo Storage Bay Seal Replacements

I’m a new Aria (2017 3901) owner going through my new coach and trying to address all of the known shortcomings. One of the things I’m trying to address now is replacing the storage bay seals with the proper sized ones. I’ve read the horror stories associated with water getting into the storage bay and swelling up the corrugated wood. I also noticed the seal issue when I was loading some items and could see massive gaps allowing sunlight into the storage bay even though the doors were closed.

So my question. What seal(s) did people use to fix this on the doors? The biggest bulb seals I can find are at or under 1 inch. I thought I saw someone say to use a 1.5 inch seal but I can’t find any that size. I wonder if it might be best to do a two seal setup. Putting the 1 inch bulb on the coach side and then putting another adhesive seal on the door to create a double seal. That would of course be twice the price as just getting one big main seal.

I plan to get inside the storage bay this weekend and have someone shine a strong flashlight onto the bay and look for the light to come through, and then tape and seal (Herculiner weatherproofing) any gaps. I hope this prevents any water from getting in and creating this problem.

Thanks in advance for any input, as always.
Cheers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum