Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 02:09 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey&Reina View Post
Here is the picture they sent me. I didn't see this obstruction on my rig but I sent them a picture of that area on my rig and they said it was there. Just doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not familiar with the Windsport but I think it is on an F-series chassis.

That picture they sent you is a bit puzzling.

As I mentioned in my previous post I have installed Sumo Spings on an E-450 and the F-550 chassis (last month). In both cases the Sumo's were installed directly over the axle housing and on the side of the leaf springs opposite to the inside tire (so they were directly under the frame and directly over the axle housing).

Maybe the angle of the picture is misleading..... but the obstruction they are circling appears to be in front of the tire and the sway bar link and nowhere near where the Sumo Spring would be installed.

Now they do make Super Springs (helper springs), which do get installed on the leaf springs. I could see that metal bar they circled interfering with a Super Spring installation.

I attached that picture with an arrow showing where I think the Sumo Springs would be installed based on the two installations I have done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis (rear).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	25823  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.