Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #10
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey&Reina View Post
Yes, my Windsport is on a Ford F53 chassis. The picture they sent me perplexed me as well. I have attached a picture of 1. What they are saying I can install and 2. The regular set.
You and I have the same house built on the same chassis. Yours has newer electronics. Other than that, they are the same Thor MC model 31s built in plant 750. Windsports and Hurricanes are the same coach made in the same factory with only exterior changes to the front and rear cap. This is for marketing as dealers located in the same geographic areas can legally compete. Other coaches made in the same plant ACE and Freedom Traveler made on the same chassis have different house designations than the Hurricane/Windsport. Note that the SSR-184-40-1 Sumo Maxims have no restrictions for the 18,000 lb chassis. Many coaches with the Thor MC 29M house have also installed the Sumo Maxim on the rear.

There are three types of Sumo springs that fit the generic 18,000 lb Ford F-53 chassis. MorRyde modifies the F-53 chassis to meet plant 750 specifications. That is why some Sumo Springs made for the generic Ford F-53 chassis do not fit the MorRide modified chassis. All I am saying is the Sumo Maxim fit my chassis without a problem following the instructions provided in the package.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum