Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 07:25 PM   #13
harleyfltri

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #15963
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Hello. I have a 2019 Thor Aria 3901. Today I started having a major passenger side slide issue. I created a 1min 24 sec video of the issue at the link below, if you would be so kind to review and provide your counsel.

Clarification that the issue is only happening on the side of the slide to the rear of the coach. I dont see the issue on the front side.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kk73wtkpr...23540.mp4?dl=0
Watched both your videos and my first recommendation is to have someone bring the slide out a few inches and flood the rollers axles with silicone spray. Also spray the OD of the rollers and the area where they make contact to the slide itself. Bring it out a few more inches and do the same thing. Keep doing that until its all the way out. Have someone bring the slide back in and you will notice either the rollers are rolling or the slide is moving freely over them due to all of the silicone spray. You may also have a damaged gear that needs replacing from the look of your rack but unless you get those rollers lubed it will never work right either way. My new RV had the same popping noise and you could hear the motors straining. That's how I fixed it before any damage occurred. They get flooded with silicone every few months now and no more issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.