Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #14
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I would still contact Thor directly (and your dealer if they are a good one) and politely explain you have been having the issue for several weeks and now it has gotten work and you are just passed warranty. There have been times when Thor has covered issues like this when the warranty expired a couple months prior to the event. It is worth a shot to see if they will cover it.

This is my fear with these full wall slides that are mechanical and not hydraulic. I just bought two of these Slide Locks so I could put one on each end of the slide when traveling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There has to be an incredible amount of force on the motors and gears when going around bends. That can't be good for the gears and motor over the long run.

I read about a guy who would occasionally hear a "pop" when extending his slide after arriving at his destination. After installing slide locks, he stopped hearing that "popping" sound when extending the slides.
I got 2 slide locks as well. I never thought about it before reading a thread on this forum. I also put labels by each switch to remind me to remove the slide locks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum