Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 11:21 PM   #87
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Rvchecklist
It's an app with 278? pdi items.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Rvch...obile&ie=UTF-8

Yellowpages
It's a book with lots of businesses who would have completed your PDI and walked you through every aspect of ownership.

Owners manuals
It's a binder bag with all the words.
It should have been asked for before you even drove the rv.

Internet.
If this forum was found AFTER your purchase...
Yeh, that 100% you and no one else in any court of judgement.

Some of you just need to take some blame.

No one EVEREVEREVER taught to trust a vehicle salesperson or to be uncautious during a major transaction. Nevereverever.

If you can't have diligence, buy some diligence... In advance.
Some good advice. To bad many RV buyers are either unaware of the availability of this data or don’t have or bother to take the time to do this type of research. So yes, the buyer is partially responsible.
It’s always been Buyer Beware when purchasing a major item like this.
However, I take issue with a couple of your points.
I haven’t seen a phone book yet alone, yellow pages in many years.
Yes, I got a manual with my RV. But, who reads an owners manual in its entirety before taking your purchase home. I’m sure no one reads their new car manual before taking their new car home. And, the Thor manual is somewhat lacking because they tried to make it one size fits all. I didn’t find detailed information on my RV until weeks later when I got on-line and found the owners information on my particular unit on Thor’s website. I found that through this forum. The dealer never mentioned it.
So yes, there is plenty of blame to go around. Given the way things are in the RV industry, maybe our expectations should be lower, but that flys in the face of the money we put out to buy one.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum