Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
macdaddy1111

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle View Post
Hi all ... we have 2016 Vegas 24.1 with 35K miles on it. The last few days the chassis battery has been dead on me and I have had to use the emergency start on the dash to get going. The battery is very hard to get at and I may have to replace. But I cannot tell if it is a battery I have to maintain with distilled water or not. Does anyone know? I maintain the coach batteries and have not thought about the chassis battery. So bad me. Anyway, thanks for any assistance.
PS. All Thor had to do was put a storage door under the passenger window and we could easily access the battery. But no, they want you to cut a hole in the dash. Argh
had the same rig, battery probably crapped out, thor doesn't use high in ones, take off passenger side table top, finish cutting out access panel, and can get to battery. 6 to 8 screws hold table top down.

I made some metal slats to secure plywood cover back to dash. then used metal tape to cover over seams and signed my name! MacDaddy Was here! HA

oh, don't forget to zip tie your cables together before un bolting them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum